Tuesday, July 6, 2010

dreamt 01.07.10

in-drip, out the window.

My room is a forest with dark green vines covering every inch. Giant staghorns adorn the walls and leafy plants grow up and through my cupboards and are twisted around my bedside lamp and armchair. The air is thick and wet and humming. Alive. Everything is in constant motion, buzzing with life.

Though my eyes are closed and I feel no fear, my body shakes. I lie still on my back, under a shroud of white cotton, my arms out and palms up as if I am flying.

Left hand: My fingers are tiny branches, spread. Five little green shoots connected by veins and tendons and muscles and cells to my hand and arm. The shoots run back down my arm, veins, but visible above the skin. They are growing out of me. Growing out of my hand, trailing up my arm like an intravenous drip and down over the edge of the bed, across the hardwood floor, up the wall and out the window.

Right hand: The other hand is fed by clear, rippling tubes, following the same motion as the left arm, attached to the knuckles, they flow up the arm to my elbow, over the edge of the bed and disappear out the window.

The right hand leads to a creek, and the water travels from the creek inside of me. The water moves in sync with the hundreds of fish beneath the surface. Each and every one with brightly shimmering scales, which the light of the moon bounces off and glass eyes, turned towards the sky. My left hand branches into a tree that is growing outside, just beyond the window. Towering fossil, always reaching, reaching, reaching. Like the tree, I am immeasurably old. Like the tree I have infinite forms and the vibrations of a single and eternal flow of energy run through me… run through everything!

1 comment:

ashlea said...

this is wonderful